Rachel sent us this list of top hits!
Coop's Place: http://www.coopsplace.net/
- best food i have ever eaten. the rabbit and sausage jambalaya is the best tasting thing that i have ever put in my mouth.
- also, convenient and located near the french quarter, so you don't have to go far to get there.
- awesome place..super great atmosphere. it doesn't have a full menu right now, but the "badass grilled cheese" with french comte and jalapenos is literally the most badass sandwich i've had. get it with a "la fin du monde" beer and you'll be very happy.
Dante's Kitchen: http://danteskitchen.com/
- another great restaurant..it's a little fancier..you will probably need a reservation. i had the pot likka and it was phenomenal. they have REALLY good mixed drinks. my friends took me here as a last dinner in new orleans.
Juan's Flying Burrito: http://www.juansflyingburrito.com/
- good mexican food on magazine street. closer to the thrift store i mention below.
St. Roch Cemetary: http://www.yelp.com/biz/st-roch-cemeteries-new-orleans
- New Orleans cemeteries are amazing. seriously, you could spend hours taking photos. this was the only one i went to, but it was worth it. super creepy and beautiful.
Funky Monkey: http://www.yelp.com/biz/funky-monkey-new-orleans
- super cute thrift store. i didn't end up buying anything here, but they had great stuff. maybe a little pricey, but at least worth a look since you should walk down magazine street. my friends have gotten great dresses there.
- according to the reviews, people don't like it. but i had a friendly employee help me and i loved the jewelry and accessories case.
Erin Rose Bar: http://www.erinrosebar.com/index2.html
- this bar isn't spectacular or anything, but it is the only bar around the bourbon street area that is probably worth going to. locals, not stupid drunk tourists.
13 Monaghan: http://www.yelp.com/biz/13-monaghan-new-orleans
- nice place around the french quarter. we stopped in for a drink and a snack on the way to the cemetery. the tater tatchos are fucking amazing.
How long will you be there? if i think of anything else i will let you know! have fun!